This is the route we took from Healesville. Click the More options link on the map to enlarge it. From Little River Track it’s dirtroad and kangaroos.
Feel free to study this activity.
There are drop toilets and water at the campground behind the tanks.
Here are some thoughts that might be useful before heading out on an adventure like this:
- Always check the weather, ask around a local or someone who’s been there a day before
- It is better not to do this course after rain, the rocks are very slippery.
- Carry enough food and water
- Get the most detailed map you can. We used the the one supplied by Mountain Sports on their event website
- Carry a PLB, alternatively keep someone updated about your progress. Garmin has LiveTrack, Strava has Beacon. If you have a smart watch, these can work together very well wherever there is network coverage
- Take some good wound dressings with you (extras, too), very easy to fall and scratch yourself
- Wear something that covers your legs
- Do not take your poles
Hope all this info has helped.